No groceries in the house? No problem!
This was inspired by last week’s unexpected snow storm. I did not have much to work with and I was craving a bean salad I had earlier in the week so I figured I would recreate it with ingredients I DID have.
- 2 14 oz. cans kidney beans no salt added
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas no salt added
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 small cucumber quartered and then sliced thin
- 1 tomato diced (remove the seeds prior to cutting to prevent the salad from being too wet)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or the vinegar of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse the beans, strain and then place in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Toss and enjoy!
Inspired by Culinary Studio in Huntington, NY Use organic ingredients, if possible. Look for BPA-free cans that are "no salt added" If your beans have salt, adjust the added salt. Feel free to add in diced carrots or olives for some other options. By Tracy Posillico