I make this meal once a week in our house. Everyone loves it including me because prep takes no longer than 15 minutes and cooking takes 30 minutes in the Instant Pot and I do not have to watch it.
The best part is that it is a great weekday meal for eating at different times if you have little kids or after school activities and work schedules to coordinate. Our kids eat early and we eat after they go to bed. It is still hot and moist in the Instant Pot. Definitely a family favorite!
I eat it over raw spinach and the warm broth wilts the spinach. I put it over white rice for my husband and kids. YUM!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs I prefer boneless but any kind will do.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ribs celery- cut in sticks
- 3 medium carrots- cut in sticks
- 1 onion- quartered
- 8 creamer potatoes- skin on and whole
- 2-3 cloves garlic- minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Prep all the vegetables
- Rinse chicken and toss in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Place remaining ingredients on top
- Close lid and set valve to "Sealing".
- Select "Poultry". It will automatically cook on high for 15 minutes. It may take 10-15 to pressurize. When the process is done, you can either "Quick Release" to eat right away or let it depressurize on its own. It will stay warm in the Instant Pot for all your evening dinner times.
- I like to throw a big scoop of the chicken and vegetables over raw spinach. It wilts the spinach immediately. My husband and children prefer it over white rice.