10% OFF Organic, Wild and Grass-Fed meats on Greensbury.com with the WHITSWAY discount code…
Where do you get your salmon? It is a common question these days. Most salmon is farm-raised which means it is fed corn, soy and other junk it should not eat. Even worse, it is given a chemical to turn it pink. This is a hot topic and one that can be solved by sticking to wild or well-sourced fish. I get my salmon on Greensbury.com because they have Wild Sockeye Salmon and Wild Atlantic Salmon. I rotate between the two.
I love this dish because it’s my “I have nothing in the fridge and it’s almost dinner time” meal! I often consider our dinner options the night before and if I need to defrost anything, I then put it in the fridge to defrost overnight. That being said, there are times I forget so this is a great healthy option for those nights because you can take it out of the freezer midday and toss it on your stone countertop to defrost. It will take just a couple of hours because the sockeye is generally thin. Once it is thawed out, I season it and pop it in my toaster oven which takes just a few minutes to heat up. If we aren’t ready to eat yet, I just cover it and leave it in the fridge until we are 15 minutes away from dinner time. I usually make some quick white rice or boil a few potatoes, steam some veggies and done! Dinner is served. It is that easy and always a crowd pleaser! Last night we enjoyed the sockeye salmon with steamed veggies (that I tossed in a steamer basket) and some boiled potatoes (that I quickly mashed, added a little milk, salt and ghee) for mashed potatoes. YUM!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Defrost the fish right on the stone countertop or on a plate for a couple of hours, if you haven't thawed it out overnight
- Pre-heat the oven or toaster oven to 375
- Season fish with ingredients
- Place on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper
- Put in the oven and watch. A thin piece like sockeye will only take about 15 minutes. After 12-14 minutes, cut into the thickest part to confirm if it is ready or if it needs a few more minutes. Enjoy!
Use organic ingredients, if possible.