Avery had a play date a few months ago and one of the moms made this delicious meal for lunch. I recreated my version and it has been a staple in our house since! Quick and easy with lots of nutrition!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium broth of your choice chicken broth gives a lot of flavor but you can also use vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 2.5 cups quinoa rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes no salt added
- In a deep sauté pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Toss in broth, carrots, parsley and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour in quinoa and can of diced tomatoes.
- Cook covered on low for 15 minutes or so until all of the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is soft.
Use organic ingredients if possible. Feel free to explore with other great veggies!
By Tracy Posillico
Share this Recipe